Monday 4 November 2013

Fostex FD4 digital 4 track

Hi everyone,

I've spent this evening up in the loft of my home digging out some old recording equipment.
Mainly my Fostex FD4 digital 4 track.
It still works, mine being the one with Syquest EZflyer drive that records onto 230mb cartridges.
I've linked it up to my G5 tonight and most of the cartridges/discs I've tested still work, but not all sadly!
I recorded my first few albums on this, long before the days of affordable pc's for home recording.
I'm going back around 16 or 17 yrs now.
I bought this on the recommendation from Moosehead, a good friend who at the time worked in a Belfast music shop and is now a Mastering Engineer. (a link to his site can be found at www.judasvigilante.com in the links section (obviously!)

At the time I also bought a pair of JBL Control 1's and a Samson power amp.

Those were the days!

Some of the albums recorded on this were:

Captain Kidder 'I Oh I' and 'Ctrl Alt Del' to name just a couple.

These are available for FREE from the aforementioned website to either stream or download. Once again, I emphasize FREE!  I got very good reviews for both those albums at the time.

Well, that's it for tonight/today.

Take care.

JV



No comments:

Post a Comment