Sunday 17 November 2013

Zoom MRS8

Oh BTW, forgot to mention, had a bit of luck on the old Ebay tonight. Got a bargain Zoom MRS8 multitracker in mint condition.
It should arrive by the end of this week and i'll waste no time in getting stuck into it straight away.

As multitrackers go, I've had a couple analogue cassette 4 tracks and a couple digital 4 tracks, this one is 8 though and has a plethora of virtual tracks available too.

It's not exactly cutting edge anymore and Zoom have in the past couple years updated their digital multitrackers with the R8, R16, and R24. All of which got very favorable reviews.

I'll get the R24 some day, but as most of my music, even on PC and Mac never uses more than 8-10 tracks, 24 would be huge overkill. Though better too many than not enough when it comes to mixdown!

I love using Daw's for some of my music, but I've been looking to go back to the buttons, faders and knobs etc of a portable recording solution. Even laptops with their audio interfaces and hdd's etc can be a hassle for me. Maybe I'm just lazy!

Anyone else out there got any tips on the MRS8?

Regards and thanks,

JV

No comments:

Post a Comment