Sunday 3 November 2013

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, one and all!

Hi everyone, As I've now reached 3 albums with this lo-fi music project (the pleasure cast),I thought I should start a blog about it! I hope to integrate this someway into my main site at www.judasvigilante.com , but until I work out how to do that, please bare with me!
 Over the course of 2013 I've written, recorded and released 3 albums as The Pleasure Cast (more on where to get them in a minute!) I have a fourth finished and am aiming to get a fifth (probably a short ep done and dusted before the big guy in red and white shows up to make us all that little bit fatter!
 The aim of the project was to record fairly lo-fi, the first 3 were recorded on an ipod touch, live in one go with no overdubs. The fourth was on my mobile phone (basic android handset) and the fifth which I'll start in the next few days will be a Sony TCM-939 tape recorder.
This isn't the original Sony recorder I've recorded so many Judas Vigilante albums on as it was my daughters, I gave it back to her and it has now been misplaced sadly. Though never fear, Ebay to the rescue and a replacement was sourced.
 Onto where to get Pleasure Cast records. They, for the meantime, are available as digital downloads from Bandcamp.
 The address is: www.thepleasurecast.bandcamp.com

 They are all priced at £2.99 each which I think is reasonable. Well, an artist gotta live somehow!
 I'm aiming after Christmas to make these available on Cassette and/or Cd and/or lathe cut vinyl.

 For now I'd just like to say thanks for stopping by and take care yourselves. I hope you enjoy the music and feel free to email any questions, querries etc. I'll get back to you ASAP. All the best, JV

No comments:

Post a Comment